Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation will be provided in comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Section default policy
Book review correspondence should be directed to the journal’s Book Review editor, Cynthia Ross, at Cynthia.Ross@tamuc.edu.
Works under review. Authors who are reviewing books should cite the work under review at the head of the review essay. Include the author’s name, the title, the place of publication and publication house, the date of publication, the number of pages, the price, and the binding, as in the following example: J. R. McNeill and William McNeill, The Human Web: A Bird’s Eye View of World History. New York: W. W. Norton, 2003. Pp. xviii + 350. $27.95 (cloth).
All submissions are subject to double-blind peer review. World History Connected reserves the right to decline to publish any submission. All submissions must be prepared double spaced, with one-inch margins and subheads at the left-hand margins, with endnotes, a short biography of about 250 words, such as that appears on all published WHC articles, a mailing address, and phone number (a WhatsApp number is also acceptable). Length of submitted articles should be more than 3,000 words, with upper limitation as is appropriate (usually not more than 10,000 words). All articles need be submitted in Word .doc or.docx format as is required by the publisher.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.