The Journal of Modern Mobility Systems is sponsored by the George Mason University Volgenau School of Engineering.
About the Journal
The field of transportation is experiencing revolutionary changes due to rapid innovations in technology and operations. For example, new vehicle technologies such as connected and autonomous vehicles are changing the dynamics of infrastructure planning, construction and maintenance. Shared mobility services (ridesharing, micromobility, ride-hailing) are reshaping travel demand, travel behavior and the economics of transportation. Practitioners and researchers who are dealing with these rapid developments could benefit from quick access to the latest research. However, typical turnaround times for publishing full-length research articles in major journals, though improved from a decade ago, have not kept pace with recent rapid innovations. Journal of Modern Mobility Systems (JMMS) fills this gap by publishing peer-reviewed research briefs (1500 words or less) in a timely manner. Turnaround time for JMMS articles is targeted to be 3 months or less. To merit publication in JMMS, the submitted articles should highlight a significant new discovery or an innovative methodology that is of interest to the community of transportation practitioners and researchers at large in areas related to modern mobility systems. The journal scope includes a broad range of research topics in transportation policy, planning, systems analysis, engineering, technological innovations and societal impact related to MMS.
- Publisher: Mason Publishing (George Mason University)
- Distribution: On-line only
- Publication Frequency: Immediately after acceptance. Archival is done bi-monthly
- Indexing: Currently indexed by CrossRef and Google Scholar. Will be indexed in DOAJ and other premier indexing avenues as soon as the eligibility criteria are met.
- Article processing fee: Currently there is no fee to publish in JMMS
- ISSN: 2644-2388
* Sponsors provide financial support to bear the costs associatged with publishing JMMS so that the authors and readers are not charged. We welcome all sponsors - individuals, not-for profit entities or corporations. Your sponsorship to the journal may be federal tax deductable. For sponsorship enquiries, please contact Mohan Venigalla, Chief Editor.